1. Start your day with a smile - it’s is the biggest energizer ever
2. Drink a glass of water before breakfast
3. Start running
4. Say no to cigarets and alcohol
5. Learn to plan your next day
6. Every day eat the recommended amount of fruits and vegetables
7. Think positively
8. Keep your back straight, walk high
9. Do a short morning workout every day
10. Eat often but in small portions: 4-5 times a day, always at the same time
11. Forget about the elevator. Always use the stairs
12. In the morning, take a contrasting shower- it helps to wake up better than a cup of coffee
13. Have plenty of sleep. Force yourself to go to sleep and wake at the same hours
14. Walk outside a little bit every day
15. Prepare your clothes for the next day the night before
16. Once per year go through a complete medical analysis
17. Take note straight away of interesting thoughts or ideas that rise in your head
18. Eat plenty oh water, 1.5-2L per day minimum
19. Open the window in your bedroom 15 minutes before going to sleep to get some fresh air in
20. Every day spend 15 minutes for cleaning your place
21. Pamper yourself: buy yourself something nice, go to the SPA or just watch a good movie with your friends
22. Wash yourself before bed
23. Take control of your spendings
24. When coming back home, take 15 minutes to relax and listen to some chilled music
25. Once per week go to the sauna for a quick detox
26. Think about what you eat. Exclude from your meal plan fast-food and other heavy food
27. Try to become a vegetarian for a week. Maybe you will like it!
28. Learn to type on your computer without looking at the keyboard
29. Be punctual
30. Tell compliments to other people, be nice
31. Do sports 2-3 times per week for 1 hour minimum
32. Train your brain: learn poetry, do crosswords, play chess
33. Learn 10 international words per day
34. Daily spend 30 minutes minimum reading
35. Call your loved ones, your family and your parents without reason
36. Start practicing yoga and doing breathing exercises
37. Start writing a personal diary
38. Speak smart. Think about what you’re saying. Don’t say insults.
39. Take pictures to memorize happy moments
40. Do small eye-workouts
41. Daily consume a bit of dairy products: low-fat cottage cheese, natural yoghurt, kefir and other healthy products
42. Don’t stay in front of a computer for more than 2 hours at home
43. Start eating grain bread instead of white bread
44. Put your feet in cold water - it is great to built up your metabolism
45. Throw away all useless stuff
46. Use only good quality cosmetics
47. Learn new stuff every day
48. Eat fresh juices
49. Spend your weekends in the right way: go discover the nature, excursions, do new stuff and meet new people
50. Think about good things! And remember: dreams are not a step back from reality, but a step forward!
- 3 tb spoons of fine salt
- 3 tb spoons of coarse sea salt
- 3/4 glass of shower gel or liquid soap
- 5 drops or rosemary oil
Before you do the scrub procedure, soak your feet in a warm bath. Mix all the ingredients as they appear on the list and rub gently your feet with it. Spend some time rubbing the heels and the area around the toes. If you have some scrub left you can easily store it in a glass container and close it firmly with a lid.
After the scrub you can apply a good layer of some foot cream and put on some warm socks to let it absorb :) Mmmh, feels nice!
- Quality skin care. Use cosmetics that is designed for your skin type! Avoid “spontaneous” products, that is the cheap products of dubious quality. This is relevant as for decorative make up and products for daily skin care! It is wrong to believe people who say “It’s impossible to damage young skin, so I’m not gonna spend lots of money of expensive skin care” - this kind of thinking is what leads to premature wrinkles and skin problems later on!
- 3 stages of skin care. There are three phases to take care of your skin that must be followed on a daily basis in order to keep it healthy : cleansing, toning and moisturising. Bear in mind: always remove makeup before going to bed- always! I know you might be VERY lazy, but you will feel so much better in the morning, because your skin will be able to breathe during the night! The cleaning part should be soft and not aggressive. It is better to use a delicate lotion and a special liquid to remove eye make-up to clean your face. Such aggressive methods as soap and water are taboo!
- The fight against acne. If your skin is prone to acne and blackheads, give up lotions that contain alcohol and opt for anti-inflammatory tonics! Also, beware: if you have acne, then forget about greasy and oily cosmetics and creams. On the other hand, try masks that contain kaolin - they dry out the acne spots and absorb grease and oil very well!
- High-quality make-up. Make-up for young skin should be light and should not clog the sebaceous glands and pores on your faces! That’s how you get all those nasty pimples afterwards!
- Go easy on the tan! Nothing ages the skin as quickly as the sun - whether it is in the solarium or on the beach, it doesn’t matter. UV lights is good but in small doses. If you overdo it, you will get the opposite effect. This can lead to dryness of the middle layer of the skin, the appearance of premature wrinkles, acne and irritation. Nobody wants that!
- It is taboo to use heavy foundation on problematic skin! If you have pimples or acne, do not try and cover it with a layer of foundation (and let’s be honest, that’s what 90% of us do..) When you apply foundation on an affected area, that exacerbates the situation! The problem area needs to be treated, not covered with chemicals! If the problem is really bad, then it’s better to be supervised by a dermatologist or cosmetologist, who will suggest you the right skin care products to use. If you’re really desperate about covering that pimple, then experts advise to use a light powder, which does not slog pores like does foundation or mousse.
STAY BEAUTIFUL !
Making your own mixture of cayenne pepper and olive oil is a natural, cost-effective way to improve the fullness and glossiness of hair and promote growth. Ancient doctors treated alopecia, or baldness, with a tonic composed primarily of cayenne. Cayenne pepper increases peripheral blood flow, bringing nourishment to the scalp. Cayenne pepper and olive oil can be ingested or used topically for beneficial results.
- Recipe 1 : A recipe that has been used with success combines 25 grams of dried cayenne pepper with 500 milliliters of olive oil. Put tonic in a dark bottle as light destroys the brew. Let herbal mixture stand for 10-to-14 days. Use regularly by rubbing a tablespoon or two, depending upon hair volume, into the hair and scalp. Shampoo and condition afterward. Use the recipe as often as desired. Be sure to shampoo thoroughly when finished.
- Recipe 2 : You can find cayenne pepper dried in bulk at an herb store or in the seasonings isle of your local grocery store. Another way to use this treatment is to mix 1-to-2 teaspoons of cayenne pepper with 1-to-2 teaspoons of olive oil, creating a thick paste that you then rub into the base of your scalp and any balding spots. Massage the paste thoroughly into your scalp and hair and leave in for ten to fifteen minutes, covered with a shower cap or plastic bag. The olive oil will neutralize the heat from the cayenne. Remove cap, shampoo and rinse thoroughly. You can also leave the paste in your hair overnight if you wish to intensify its effect.
“No more pin-parties” :) How to secure your hair using just one pin !
A scrub was never made so easy ! It only takes 5 minutes !
- 1 clear plastic jar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- lemon juice (optional)
- scented essential oil (optional)
- mix the sugar and olive oil in the plastic container. I do not recomend using a glass jar for this, since you will most likely have this in your bathroom.
- add any optional scents you like. I have discovered that adding peppermint oil or orange oil helps refresh you, while lavender is more soothing. My favorite oil to use is sandalwood.
- to use: place some on a wash cloth and rub in circles anywhere you need exfoliation. After letting it sit for awhile the sugar may settle to the bottom, so it may be necessary to shake this up a little before using.ENJOY !
I only recently became familiar, thanks to my friend, with flaxseeds and wanted to share it with you, my dear.
What is it ?
Flaxseed was cultivated in Babylon as early as 3000 BC, according to the Flax Council of Canada. By the 8th century, King Charlemagne believed so strongly in the health benefits of flaxseed that he passed laws requiring his subjects to consume it. Fast-forward 13 centuries, and some experts would say we have preliminary research to back up what Charlemagne suspected all those years ago. These days, flaxseed is found in all kinds of foods, from crackers to frozen waffles to oatmeal.
What are the benefits ?
- Add 1 teaspoon to your morning oatmeal with one teaspoon of cinnamon for a metabolic boost !
- Add 1 teaspoon of flaxseeds in your salad, sprinkle on your sandwich and actually almost any food you have
Recipes for weight loss
- In the evening, take one full tablespoon of flaxseed and pour them with 2 glasses of very hot boiling water. Cover it and leave it for the night in a dry and warm place. The next day, divide this mixture in 3 portions of approx. 100-150ml and drink one portion 30 minutes before each of your meals
- Take one full tablespoon of flaxseed and put it in a pan; pour 200 ml of hot boiling water. Cook on low heat for about 30 minutes and stir occasionally. Keep the mixture under the lid, very important ! Again, divide in three portions and drink before your meals on empty stomach
How long ?
It is said that it’s better to do a 10 day course and then 10 day break. After the break, feel free to start again.
What should I expect ?
First thing you will realise is your stool. It will become much more regular and will take with it all the nasty stuff inside your intestines (sorry for details). Also, you will realise that your skin is much clearer and brighter. Your hair and nails will probably become stronger and healthier. Overall you will feel “clearer” and healthier very soon after you start taking the seeds. You shouldn’t just sit and expect loosing all your extra weight with those seeds. There is no miracle ! But if you are looking for some metabolism and weight loss boost, then throw away those nasty chemical pills and try these seeds instead. It really is the healthiest and most natural way !
Personally I haven’t tried them yet but I ordered them today and will start taking them ASAP. I heard that the mixture you get from it isn’t very delicious but worth it. Worst case scenario, if you really can’t bare then taste of it, you can mix it with 1 teaspoon of natural honey for some natural sweetness.
Enjoy and stay healthy and beautiful !
A friend of mine used this and she said she really liked it, she saw a result after 3 weeks. I thought it would be nice to post it here so that some of you can also give it a try :
- 50 gr. of coconut butter
- 50 gr. of cocoa butter
- 30 ml. (or 2tbs) of almond oil
- 15 drops of Neroli essential oil
About 90% of coconut butter are saturated fat that intensively moisturise your hair over its entire length! The composition of real cocoa butter are stearic, palming, oleic and linoleum acids.
Almond oil contains vitamin E, vitamin B2, carotene, bioflavonoids, and minerals such as magnesium, sodium, iron, zinc and phosphorus
Neroli essential oil has one of the finest flavours used in the manufacturing of fragrances of high class. Your hair will smell wonderfully for over a day after it!
Mask recipe :
- In a small saucepan, melt the coconut butter and the cocoa butter.
- Take it off from the heat and pour gently the almond oil.
- When the temperature cooled down, add the Neroni essential oil.
- Put a small amount of this cream on your dry ends and leave for 20-40 minutes
- During this time, put a plastic bag around your head and them put a towel around it to keep you head warm.
- After, rinse thoroughly you hair with warm water.
You can also use this cream as an intensive nutritive hair care (so not just for the ends). Just rub it in the hair roots and put the rest of the mask on the whole length of your hair. Leave for the an hour or so and make sure you keep your hair warm. Use a shampoo to wash it off.
Enjoy your beautiful hair :)