FIFTEEN FAT-BURNING FOODS AND BEVERAGES :
- Grapefruit: Want to ingest fewer calories during meal time? Eating half a grapefruit prior to gathering around the dinner table can help fill you up enough to where you are able to resist that second helping of tortellini. The plentiful amounts of soluble fiber in grapefruit slow down the digestion process.
- Watermelon: Everyone has experienced the stuffed feeling that comes from this colorful fruit. The water invades the space that your stomach leaves open for food, thus making you less likely to pig out. Apples and pears produce a similar result, too.
- Berries: If Hollywood still made horror films based around foods, The Attack of the Killer Sweet Tooth could easily be the name of a new thriller. Instead of allowing yourself to succumb to the temptation of a cookie, pop some blackberries or strawberries into your mouth. Frozen blueberries also provide the illusion of enjoying a cold, high-calorie treat (step away from the Häagen-Dazs!).
- Cucumber:Refreshing and crunchy, is there anything better? Cucumber has very few calories and helps to stave off liver disease and pancreatic cancer, and even keeps your nails looking amazing due to the high mineral content. Keep a few slices in the fridge for a nourishing bite!
- Hot peppers: Although they haven’t been directly linked to weight loss, spicy habaneros or jalapeños aid in curbing the desire to gorge since we typically eat less when our food has a fiery flavor. Hot peppers also comprise the compound capsaicin, which speeds up the metabolism.
- Celery: If you’re a self-proclaimed snacker, celery will be your best friend. Not only does it satisfy the need to eat something, but it has virtually no calories (one cup of celery equals a measly nineteen calories). Tip: instead of adding cream cheese or peanut butter to the stalk, give fat-free cottage cheese or fat-free black bean dip a go!
- Greek yogurt: Some of us can’t stand traditional yogurt, but when it’s this thick and creamy we will race down to our favorite market just to stock up on it. Besides its wonderful texture, Greek yogurt “keeps you satisfied longer,” according to sports nutritionist Leslie Bonci, MPH, RD, because all proteins take their sweet time leaving your stomach.
- Eggs:Start the day off right with seven grams of protein! Having an egg in the morning will keep your body busy because digesting eggs burns more calories than a carb-infested breakfast.
- Fish: It has been engrained in our brains that fish is full of omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals. But did you know that wild salmon, tuna, and sardines all make your body more responsive to the fat-burning hormone leptin, which is responsible for suppressing your appetite? If you won’t eat fish, turkey can also help you ditch the extra pounds, as it encourages the release of tryptophan, which helps you sleep. Remember: lack of sleep wreaks havoc on your waistline!
- Green tea: Multiple studies have recommended green tea for when you’re trying to shed pounds because it can motivate the body to burn abdominal fat. Moreover, it is made up of a type of phytochemical called catechins, which can assist the metabolism.
- Coffee: No need to feel bad about that cup of coffee you purchased from Starbucks. The dark and delightful brew, like green tea, is a metabolism booster. However, don’t expect an instant difference in your waistline and don’t think that a caramel macchiato is suddenly safe.
- Ice cold water:Drink eight to ten glasses of ice cold water a day to burn 250 to 500 calories! Your body goes into overdrive trying to heat the water back up to your normal body temperature. Drop a packet of Propel Fit Powder or Emergen-C Acai Berry into your glass every once in awhile to mix things up.
- Quinoa: Say it with me, keen-wa! This is a great substitute for rice because it is as simple to prepare and possesses the same oddly satisfying quality. With five grams of fiber per cup and eight grams of hunger-rejecting protein, you will pat yourself on the back when sitting down to a nice bowl of quinoa and veggies (or a lean protein).
- Oatmeal: If the label reads “Trader Joe’s Maple and Brown Sugar Instant Oatmeal,” put it back. Add cinnamon or nutmeg to give your fiber-rich hot cereal a dash of sweetness instead of undoing all of your hard work. That steaming bowl of goodness will make you feel full and keep you hydrated.
- Crispbreads: Whole grains, as opposed to refined grains, such as those found in rye crackers, are the key to keeping belly fat at bay. The next time you’re headed to a get-together bring a package of Ryvita Crispbreads and some apples along with you!
Posted on Tuesday, 8 November
Tagged as: foodtips
- underestimatedfighter likes this
- tweentyytwooo likes this
- justgonnagetthis likes this
- exerprize reblogged this from gettingfitforlifeandme
- gettingfitforlifeandme reblogged this from wishing-4-perfection
- 24isthegoal reblogged this from fityear2013
- 2-b-confident-and-b-u-tiful likes this
- fityear2013 reblogged this from thefitnessfetish
- fiatelux reblogged this from wishing-4-perfection
- foreverrrwanderlust likes this
- leafall1995 likes this
- meetahealthieryou reblogged this from wishing-4-perfection
- salomekabki likes this
- ffitbody reblogged this from thin-in-a-healthy-way
- maudepoulin likes this
- mind-body-soul-andpeanutbutter reblogged this from s-k-i-n-n-y-m-i-n-n-y
- fitlittlemissfreckles reblogged this from immagetthin
- the-best-edition-of-me reblogged this from get-slim
- lifeaslaurenknowsit reblogged this from notskinny-butfit
- ekaterinasrecovery reblogged this from wishing-4-perfection
- lindsayquitl0llygagging likes this
- skinnyxstrawberry reblogged this from wishing-4-perfection
- tobaccosmokingblondes likes this
- bodyslide reblogged this from soon2befit
- kweenabigail likes this
- pathtofitandthin reblogged this from makeyourselfnow
- disappear-f0rever likes this
- whatsbutter likes this
- sofuckingclassy likes this
- dude-itsmel likes this
- ra1chuu likes this
- msmokealotofpot likes this
- groovywh0remones likes this
- solitarysilhouette reblogged this from spitthatcrack
- 777juanv likes this
- spitthatcrack reblogged this from workoutxbarbie
- fitemily reblogged this from foreverfitspo
- armslength likes this
- devonb46 likes this
- solovelyandvicious reblogged this from per-fit
- loysanloy likes this
- emilythegeoffy likes this
- multiplied-by-four reblogged this from fitbodyfitsoul
- tends likes this
- poosekat reblogged this from ohdontyouloveit and added:
- poosekat likes this
- renew-me likes this
- happy-lil-nigga likes this